Requesting items on loan
Most library items which are on loan to other people may be requested which means that they should be returned after 1 week. This ensures that popular items are made available for as many people as possible.
Short Loan material cannot be requested.
Standard and 1 week loan books can be requested using the Library Catalogue.
- Search for the item in the Library Catalogue.
- A 'Request it' button is displayed if all requestable copies are on loan.
- Click on the link to place your request.
- If you haven't already logged in to My Account, you will need to enter your Library / Student number and password.
- Select where you would like to collect the item when it is available (pick up location) and click to confirm your request.
When a copy is available for you to collect you will be notified by email. You can also check your account to see if your requests are available.
Requesting items from other Queen’s Libraries
It may be possible to transfer books and supply journal articles, which are held in one branch of the University Library, to another branch which is more convenient for you. For more information about this Inter-Branch Service please ask a member of staff.
Collecting a request
You can pick up requested items from the self-service collection shelves in The McClay Library and Biomedical Library, or from the Borrower Services Desk in the Medical Library or AFBI libraries.
Please cancel your request if you no longer need a book - other people might be waiting for it.