- Items can be returned using the self-service returns station beside the Borrower Services Desk in The McClay Library or at the self-service issue/return station in the Biomedical Library.
- You can also return books at the Borrower Services Desk in any Queen's Library.
- There is an out of hours book returns box in the Medical Biology Centre
- You may also return items by post. The Library will not take any responsibility for items lost in the post. Please also be aware of the due date when returning items in this way as fines will still be imposed on late returns.
You can renew Standard and 1 week loan items up to 5 times. There are three ways to renew:
- Via My Account on Queen’s Online or the QCat Library Catalogue
- In person at the Self-Service machines or at Borrower Services Desks
- By phone - see Contacting the Library
The following items may not be renewed:
The library recalls items when they have been requested so that popular items are made available to as many borrowers as possible
- You will be emailed if an item you have on loan has been requested by another borrower.
- You will have a maximum of 1 week to return the item. This new return date will be on the email.
- Overdue recalled items incur higher fines
- Recalled items cannot be renewed
- Standard and 1 week loan items are subject to recall at any time, including during vacations and placements