The fees for staff and students vary. Financial support is available. Please use the links below for more information. In addition, please ensure you have read carefully through our Payment Policy. If you require further fee information, please use the details on the 'Contact Us' page.
Monthly Fees 2022-23 Academic Year (effective from 1 August 2022)
|5 days||4 days||3 days||2 days|
|Student - One Parent Working||£780.00||£702.00||£546.00||£390.00|
|After Nursery Care/Out of Schools||£513.00||£461.70||£359.10||£256.50|
Fees per Semester (Childcare Grant recipients only)
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Full Year|
· Fees are reviewed annually and parents will receive 1 month’s notice of any changes.
· All fees are spread over the allocated period and invoiced as fixed monthly amounts in advance, with the exception of students in receipt of a Childcare Grant who are invoiced at the start of each semester.
· Staff and external: places are allocated for 12 months, with fees payable for 48 weeks excluding public holidays and Queen’s University closure days which are listed on the Childcare calendar which can be accessed here.
· Student: places are allocated for 8 months, with fees payable for 34 weeks (aligned to the academic year), invoiced October to May.
· After Nursery Care and Out of Schools: places are allocated for 10 months, with fees payable over 38 weeks (aligned to the number of weeks of teaching), invoiced September to June.
· A minimum attendance of two days per week is required. Those attending on a part-time basis can book additional sessions on an ad-hoc basis subject to availability. These will be invoiced in addition to the standard monthly fees.
· Parents using After Nursery Care / Out of Schools places can book additional sessions outside of term time. These will be invoiced in addition to the standard monthly fees.
· A deposit of £300 is payable per child upon acceptance of a place. The deposit will not be refunded if you don’t take up your place.
· For returning student parents a retainer of £150 per child is required, payable in June, to secure your child’s place for the next academic year. This will be offset against your first month’s fees, but will not be refunded if you don’t take up your place.
· No reduction will be given for days when your child does not attend.
· Sibling discount: a sibling discount of 10% will be applied to second and subsequent children where all children attend 5 days per week. A 5% discount will be applied to second and subsequent children where any of the children attend on a part-time basis.
· Late fee: If you are late collecting your child, you will be charged a fee of £10 for every 15 minutes or part thereof used after close time. This fee will be added to your monthly bill and will be clearly identified on your invoice.
Childcare Support for Students and Staff
As a student you may be entitled to a Childcare Grant to help you with Childcare fees from your local Education and Library Board. In addition, Queen’s University has a hardship fund that is used to provide discretionary financial help to students. Contact the Avice SU for more information.
In 2005, the University implemented a Salary Sacrifice Scheme. As a member of staff at Queen’s you are eligible to join this scheme. Information on the scheme is available from Childcare Services.
You may also be able to access financial support from the Tax Free Childcare scheme.
Please note that we also continue to accept childcare vouchers for those who joined the scheme before it was withdrawn on 4 October 2018.
Methods of Payment
Fees must be paid on the first Friday of each month. Failure to do so may jeopardise your place in the creche. Weeks outside semester are calculated on a weekly rate and must be paid monthly in advance. Payment will be accepted via cheque, card, bank transfer, childcare vouchers, tax free childcare and salary sacrifice (staff only).
Return of Deposits
Your deposit will be returned at the end of your first contracted year of attendance.
Notification for leaving
If it is your intention to relinquish your place at the creche during the academic year you are required to give one month’s notice in writing. Failure to do so will result in you being liable for one full month’s fees.