Student Recruitment Ambassador
Students undertaking ambassadorial roles in for Schools or Faculties may use this as one of their required activities for a Combined Experience (Route B) application.
The most common Student Ambassador role is that of Student Recruitment Ambassador. This typically involves representing your Queen’s School by engaging with prospective applicants to Queen’s at internal and external recruitment events such as University open days, events, talks, online events and careers conventions in schools.
Examples of Schools that activity support this role as part of Degree Plus, and the relevant contacts are shown below:
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: AHSS Student Recruitment Ambassador.
- Contacts Catherine Mallon Catherine.Mallon@qub.ac.uk and Gemma O’Donnell firstname.lastname@example.org
- This role is open to any AHSS students including those from Arts, English & Languages; History, Anthropology, Politics & Philosophy; Law; Management and Social Sciences, Education & Social Work
Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences: School Ambassador or Student Recruitment Ambassador
- General Contact for all Schools: Gemma O’Donnell email@example.com
- School Ambassador for Electronics, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science: Contact Gemma O’Donnell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Recruitment Ambassador, School of Psychology: Contact Carolyn Largey email@example.com
- Roles are also available for Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Maths & Physics and Natural & Built Environment
Faculty of Medicine and Life Sciences: School Ambassador or Student Advocate
- MHLS Student Advocate : Contact Dr Donna Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org
- This includes acting in an advocate/ambassador role for Biological Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing & Midwifery and Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Science