EEECS Mental Health Ambassador Programme
EEECS student mental health ambassadors (MHAs) are responsible for promoting positive mental health. MHAs are trained and certified to provide local support to students and signpost them to additional support.
Attending MHFA training provides the students with skills on:
- How to recognise the symptoms of mental health problems.
- How to provide initial help through appropriate signposting.
Trained students can provide help to a person who is developing a mental health problem or who is currently in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until professional help is available or until the crisis resolves.
During MHFA training the students learn:
- What is meant by mental health/mental ill health?
- Dealing with crisis situations such as suicidal behaviour, self-harm, panic attacks and acute psychotic behaviour.
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems including depression, anxiety disorders, psychosis and substance use disorders.
- Where and how to get help.
- Self-help resilience strategies.
For more information please contact email@example.com