Volunteer Placement on US Political Campaign - Politrip
Politrips offers an opportunity for around 50 students from the UK and Ireland to complete a volunteer placement on a US political campaign.
In order to secure a place, candidates must go through a competitive selection process.
Competitive Selection Process:
- A competency and experience based application form and provide a reference
- Face to face or Skype interviews
Once selected, successful candidates will complete:
- Ongoing training and support, including a detailed training manual talking them through the local political context at their destination, travel advice, campaigning methods and fundraising tips.
- They must also complete a compulsory training day with other volunteers on the programme
- Volunteers will spend a month campaigning in their chosen location
Politrippers must pay a fee to cover the cost of the programme and must self-fund their own travel and living costs whilst in the states. Politrip operates as a tour operator and holds tour operator’s insurance and is compliant with the Package Travel Regulations 1992.
As part of their placement ‘Politrippers’ are provided with ongoing training and support, including a detailed training manual talking them through the local political context at their destination, travel advice, campaigning methods and fundraising tips. They must also complete a compulsory training day with other volunteers on the programme.
Politrip specialises in organising short-term volunteer placements on international political campaigns. It is the ultimate experience for political enthusiasts; providing students, graduates and young professionals the chance to immerse themselves in political campaigning across the world.
We have taken volunteers on the US midterm elections who were fully immersed in all aspects of political campaigning, playing a key role in grassroots activity in local field offices and campaign HQs. We have multiple states and campaigns on offer, at various levels of government including Congressional (Senate and House of Representatives), Gubernatorial and State Legislature.