EBN Student Champion (School of Nursing & Midwifery)
The role of an EBN Student Champion is to support their peers (more inexperienced nursing students) throughout their first year.
This module forms part of the undergraduate Professional Nursing (BSc Hons) programme and runs twice per year. The EBN Student Champions will be embedded throughout the programme, offering first-hand advice about how they implemented their learning about evidence-based practice during their clinical placement – thus facilitating current students to role-model this behaviour & better understand how they can apply their learning.
6-8 EBN Student Champions will be recruited each year. This 18-month role will enable the EBN Champions to stay with both cohorts throughout their entire module. As part of the role, EBN Student Champions will have the following activities:
- Participate in a 3-day face-to-face workshop with the module coordinator.
- Fully participate in EBN Champion Podcast Planning, Participation & Recording.
- EBN MCQ Development for Student Assessment.
- EBN Tutorial Lead Role & Moderating Twitter Page.
- EBN Welcome Video.
- EBN Champion Blog.
- EBN Champion Application Review.
For further information contact Dr Gary Mitchell.