Introduction to Teaching for Postgraduate Researchers
The Introduction to Teaching for Postgraduate Researchers who which to develop their teaching skills at Higher Education level. It consists of a total of four half day sessions. By the end of this programme students are expected to be able to:
- Articulate specifications for learning outcomes.
- Write student learning outcomes for modules they deliver or intend to deliver while explaining how they might assess student learning.
- Describe the differences between curriculum design and instructional design.
- Understand te functions of assessment and distinguish between formative and summative assessment.
- Deliver a short teaching session, applying the knowledge obtained through the programme.
The programme aims to instil the importance of high quality teaching in Higher Education (HE), while providing students with knowledge foundations needed to effectively design, deliver and assess learning at HE. It will be particularly useful for those enrolled in teaching assistance duties, or who are planning to obtain accreditation for HEA teaching, by providing information on accreditation routes side-by-side to knowledge and terminology required to create a successful application.
For further details email email@example.com