- There is no registration or sign up for the DegreePlus award: Just browse the Route A and/or Route B menu and choose the activities that you want to get involved in. Apply or contact the provider directly and get started as soon as you are ready (you are encouraged to "bank" DegreePlus early, ahead of Final Year).
- Any DegreePlus activities that you fully complete are recorded by the DegreePlus Team into your QSIS Student Record and HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report). You can view your Unofficial HEAR in your QSIS account on the same page as your Unofficial Transcript, at any stage during your course(see Section 6.1.2).
- Those students who achieve one or more DegreePlus accreditation receive a DegreePlus Certificate, along with their Degree Parchment, at graduation. The DegreePlus certificate can carry up to 5 accredited activities. There is no limit to the number of activities that can be recorded in Section 6.1.2 of your HEAR.
DegreePlus is a student driven programme. It recognises your personal initiative and energy in undertaking extracurricular activities whilst at Queen's. You will also be challenged to explain the valuable employability skills that you have developed from your participation.
RECOGNITION OF ACTIVITY VIA ROUTE A AND/OR B
Routes A and B menus are both sub-divided into 4 Experiential Strands. This is purely intended to help you find activities in areas that you have decided you need to develop experience in and are titled: Work Experience, Global, Professional and Community (Note some activities fall into more than one strand).
Route A : A single, substantial and significantly challenging experience plus completion of a short assessed exercise E.g. a graduate labour market-related exercise
- 1ST OF APRIL FOR THOSE WHO GRADUATE IN SUMMER; 1ST OF NOVEMBER FOR THOSE WHO GRADUATE IN WINTER (Note you can submit early and have your application marked at any of these applications windows)
FURTHER INFORMATION: DEGREEPLUS INFORMATION WORKSHOPS AND CONSULTATIONS
If you require further information on the DegreePlus award, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk with a Careers Consultant at any of the following events:
- 11 minute DegreePlus induction video on the home page of the DegreePlus website
- DegreePlus Workshops and Cross Campus "Careers Pop Ups" - Advertised throughout the year on MyFuture (see Events>Careers Workshops and search for "DegreePlus" or "Pop Ups")
- At one to one Career Consultations throughout the year - Advertised in MyFuture under "Appointments"
- October Graduate & Placement Fairs in the Whitla Hall (will be widely advertised cross-campus - come to the Careers Stand)
- January Work Experience Fair in the Whitla Hall (will be widely advertised cross-campus - come to the Careers Stand)
The dates for the DegreePlus Workshops and Careers/DegreePlus Pop Ups where you can ask questions are advertised in your MyFuture account under Careers as follows:
- Go to MyFuture>Careers Events and use the search word "DegreePlus" to find a relevant event.
Please note that attendance at one of these workshops/events IS NOT a requirement for the DegreePlus Award.