- There is no registration or sign up for the DegreePlus award: Just browse the Route A and/or Route B menu and choose the activities that you want to get involved in. Apply or contact the provider directly and get started as soon as you are ready (you are encouraged to "bank" DegreePlus early, ahead of Final Year).
- Any DegreePlus activities that you fully complete are recorded by the DegreePlus Team into your QSIS Student Record and HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report). From autumn 2017 onwards, you will be able to view your HEAR at any stage during your course or after graduation (see Section 6.1.2). Further instructions on how to do this will follow from the QSIS team.
- Those students who achieve one or more DegreePlus accreditation receive a DegreePlus Certificate, along with their Degree Parchment, at graduation. The DegreePlus certificate can carry up to 5 accredited activities (one student achieve 5 accreditation in Summer 2017). There is no limit to the number of activities that can be recorded in Section 6.1.2 of your HEAR.
DegreePlus is a student driven programme. It recognises your personal initiative and energy in undertaking extracurricular activities whilst at Queen's. You will also be challenged to explain the valuable employability skills that you have developed from your participation.
RECOGNITION OF ACTIVITY VIA ROUTE A AND/OR B
Routes A and B menus are both sub-divided into 4 Experiential Strands. This is purely intended to help you find activities in areas that you have decided you need to develop experience in and are titled: Work Experience, Global, Professional and Community (Note some activities fall into more than one strand).
Route A : A single, substantial and significantly challenging experience plus completion of a short assessed exercise E.g. a graduate labour market-related exercise
- 1ST OF APRIL FOR THOSE WHO GRADUATE IN SUMMER; 1ST OF OCTOBER FOR THOSE WHO GRADUATE IN WINTER (Note you can submit early and have your application marked at any of these applications windows)
FURTHER INFORMATION: DEGREEPLUS INFORMATION WORKSHOPS AND CONSULTATIONS
If you require further information on the DegreePlus award, you can email us at email@example.com or talk with a Careers Consultant at any of the following events:
- DegreePlus Workshops - Advertised throughout the year on MyFuture (see Events>Careers Events and search for "DegreePlus")
- At one to one Career Consultations throughout the year - Advertised in MyFuture under "Appointments"
- October Graduate & Placement Fairs in the Whitla Hall (will be widely advertised cross-campus - come to the Careers Stand)
- January Work Experience Fair in the Whitla Hall (will be widely advertised cross-campus - come to the Careers Stand)
The dates for the DegreePlus Workshops for the 2017/18 academic year, are as follows:
- DegreePlus Route B Application Postgraduate Workshop - Wednesday 13 September 2017- 1pm - 2pm - Graduate School, TR6
- DegreePlus Workshop – Wednesday 11 October 2017 – 1pm – 2pm – SGC, Hub Seminar Room
- DegreePlus Workshop – Tuesday 24 October 2017 – 1pm – 2pm – SGC, Hub Seminar Room
- DegreePlus Workshop – Thursday 9 November 2017 – 12.30pm – 1.30pm – SGC, Hub Seminar Room
- DegreePlus Workshop – Wednesday 22 November 2017 – 1pm – 2pm – SGC, Hub Presentation Area
- DegreePlus Workshop – Tuesday 5 December 2017 – 5pm – 6pm – SGC, Hub Seminar Room
- DegreePlus Workshop – Wednesday 24 January 2018 – 1pm – 2pm – SGC, Room 12, Second Floor
- DegreePlus Workshop – Thursday 22 February 2018 – 1pm – 2pm – SGC, Hub Seminar Room
- DegreePlus Workshop – Tuesday 6 March 2018 – 1pm – 2pm – SGC, Hub
Please note that attendance at one of these workshops/events IS NOT a requirement for the DegreePlus Award.