Royal College of Nursing Student Information Officer
The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) is both a trade union and a professional body. It is a member led organisation. Student Information Officers (SIO) work closely with RCN staff and student members to ensure the voice of nursing students are heard.
The key responsibilities of SIOs are:
- Working with their university to promote the interests of nursing students;
- Signposting students to help;
- Working with their local student union society;
- Helping to organise attendance at Congress from their university
- Supporting RCN campaigns;
- Providing feedback to their Committee member and liaising with their RCN country/regional staff lead on the issues and concerns of students at their university;
- Attending country/regional events.
For more information please contact Rita Devlin.