Removing Barriers to Employment for Students with Disabilities Workshops
24/05/2018 - 24/05/2018
11:30AM - 1:30PM
Student Guidance Center, The Hub, Presentation Area
Disability Services have invited a London based company called EmployAbility to deliver a 2 hour employability focused workshop.
The workshop will cover:
- How to write a good application form and succeed through the recruitment process, with particular focus on disability related adjustments.
- How and when to request these when applying to employers.
- How to effectively inform employers of mitigating circumstances resulting from impact of disability.
- Advice on disability related adjustments for the recruitment process and in the workplace
- Guidance through the recruitment process including tailored advice with CVs/application form.
- Information about other events and Insight days they can attend through EmployAbility.
- Information about disability inclusive employers.
The session is interactive and designed to empower and upskill students to improve their chance of success when applying to employers.