Who can run an event?
Development Weeks events can be delivered by academics, staff and students from across the University. They can also be run by the Students' Union, clubs and societies, employers and community partners.
What type of activities take place?
Activities range from concerts to courses, field trips to fairs, internships to innovations and showcases to student led activity. Events take place across the University Campus, both indoors and outdoors, or further afield such as an employer’s office in the centre of Belfast or a field trip to Dublin. The possibilities for creative and innovative activity are endless.
Why run an event in Development Weeks?
Delivering an event as part of the Development Weeks programme is an opportunity for:
- Academic staff to engage with and inspire students, providing insight into a new topic or skill
- Students to gain self-confidence, develop their skills and acquire professional experience
- Students to gain Degree Plus accredition through participation, Internships and the Student Led Activity Fund
- Increased collaboration amongst the Queen's community
- Employers to engage directly with students to promote their organisation
- Clubs and Societies to promote their interests to a wider audience
How can I get involved?
If you are a member of staff, an academic, a student, employer or external organisation and wish to run an event during Development Weeks, please fill in the online application form found in the link below.
If you would like more information, or to get in touch with us directly you can find us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the 2019 programme close on