“I would...recommend getting involved in as many different things as possible, get out of your comfort zone - not only will this help your CV, but you will meet lots of new and interesting people!!” (Joe McMullan, BSc Hons Accounting 2010)
This section will help you plan your route from study to graduate employment. You might not have any idea of what you want to do after your degree but don’t worry: the important thing is to be flexible and keep yourself open to different options, as well as thinking and planning well in advance – even as early as your first year.
Follow the links below to start exploring your options:
For more detailed information on the main options for graduates go to:
What if I have specific needs in planning my career?
What if I’m not sure what to do next?
Don’t worry you aren’t alone! The key thing is to take the time to research what’s out there and think about what’s for you.
6 things you can do to get started:
1. Do the research - check out useful websites such as:
2. Make the most of your time at University - Queen’s is a top-rated university and there are all kinds of opportunities to explore, such as our career development programmes and work-related learning opportunities, to develop your confidence, skills and insights
3. Do something different - study in Europe or further afield like the USA, get work experience, do voluntary work, go on a study visit to London, join a student club or society – the choice is yours!
4. Register for DegreePlus and get accreditation for your non-academic extra-curricular activities
5. Investigate graduate employment, training and further study options eg at our careers fairs, employer events and by checking out MyFuture for jobs and events
6. Get expert 1:1 guidance and support when you need it
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11