Happy New Year!
Here are some great things to look out for this month.
Some graduate opportunities to consider:
- NHS Scientist Training Programme will open this month (various locations). This is a great entry point for Medical Physics however the jobs are usually based in England and Wales.
- Junior Fellowship Programme - Cern (Geneva)
- Statisticians / Programmers - Exploristics (Belfast)
- Geophysicist intern - Downunder Geosolutions (London)
- Trainee Chartered Accountant - Cleaver Black (Belfast)
- Deloitte - various graduate programmes (various locations including Belfast)
- Kerry Foods - Various graduate programmes (various locations across Ireland and UK)
- Go Global mini fair 15 January 12.30-2pm SGC Hub
- International Student Employability Programme 27 January 10-12 This is the first of a series of 3 workshops for international students to improve employability.
- Study China - applications for the Summer 3 week programme are now being accepted. Come along to an information session 28 January 1-2pm SGC Hub
- J1 Work Visa information session run by the Irish International Immigrant Centre 29 January 1-2pm SGC Hub
- Stock Market Challenge 29 January 5-7pm Computer Science Building - simulated stock market exercise. No knowledge of finance is required. Prizes are available to the winners including Insight Days with local companies.
- Huawei Seeds for the future internship - 4 week experience with Huawei in China. All expenses are paid by the company.
- Free student membership of IOD - a great way to build commercial awareness and knowledge of a variety of business areas
- Global Opportunities drop-in service - Come along to find out about the range of study, work or volunteering opportunities available to Queen's students. The drop in's will run every Tues & Thurs, 12-1pm, in the Student Guidance Centre, Level 1.
- There are a range of other activities that you could engage with while you are at University. Have a look at the Degree Plus website to get some inspiration.
- SkillUp - Develop your personal brand with Allstate 13 January 12-2pm SGC Hub
- Employer Panel - Careers in Business and Management 15 January 4-6pm SGC Hub
- SkillUp - Knowling your strengths with First Derivatives 21 January - 12-2pm SGC Hub
- EEECS IT mini fair 21 January - 12-2pm Computer Science Building
- Work experience and placement fair 22 January - 11am-3pm Whitla and South Dining Hall
- Employer Panel - Careers in the public sector and not for profit 22 January - 4-6pm SGC Hub
- SkillUp - Future skills with EY 23 January 12-2pm SGC Hub
- There is tailored information for you on the Careers website: - Information for Maths & Physics students.
- We also have useful advice on the website about CVs, interviews and psychometric tests.
- If you would like some additional support, you can book an appointment to speak to a Careers Consultant via MyFuture-> Appointments -> Book an appointment
You can gain Degree Plus accreditation for engaging in extra-curricular activities. Find more information on the Degree Plus website.