Happy New Year! We hope you enjoyed the holidays.
Here's some events coming up that may be of interest. Remember, you can find details of all the events coming up in the Semester 2 Programme.
Karen & Mary
Global and Leadership Opportunities
Learn about all of Careers, Employability and Skills Semester 2 Programmes here
More information below about some select programmes
- Stockmarket Challenge - is an exciting stock market simulation and competitive game which will give you the opportunity to experience analysing the market and making investments. Prizes are available to the winners, including Insight Day opportunities with participating local employers. Wednesday 29 January 2020 at 5pm-7pm. Book your place on MyFuture
Insight into Management is an excellent opportunity for students of any discipline or level to work as part of a team to complete a range of business games and challenges. Applications open in MyFuture 22 January
- Leadership in Practice is a personal development programme delivered by Queen’s University Officer Training Corps (QUOTC). Applications open in MyFuture 13 Jan.
- Free Student Membership of the Institute of Directors worth £75. Applications should be made through MyFuture with membership awarded on a first come first served basis to the first 100 applicants.
Come along to the Go Global Mini Fair and find out about ways you can add an international dimension to your university experience.
Wednesday 15th Jan 12pm – 2pm, Student Guidance Centre.
Information sessions in the Student Guidance Centre about other Global Opportunities in January
- If you're interested in working in America after you graduate then don't miss the information session Student and Graduate J1 Work Visa to the USA - Irish International Immigrant Centre 29th January 1pm – 2pm SGC
International Students Employability Programme runs again in Semester 2 with the first session on 27th Jan, 10am – 12pm in the Student Guidance Centre.
A series of 3 interactive sessions for International Students. Attendance and participation at the three workshops will give Degree Plus Route B accreditation.
Workshop 1, 27th Jan, 10am-12pm
Workshop 2, 3rd Feb, 10am-12pm
Workshop 3, 10th Feb, 10am-12pm
Work Experience & Placement Fair, Wednesday 22 January 2020, 11am – 3pm, Whitla and South Dining Halls
Don’t miss out on opportunities for: internships, voluntary work, vacation jobs, work & study abroad opportunities, year-long & short-term placements.
Develop your skills by coming along to our lunch time Skill Up Sessions in January.
Student Guidance Centre, 12pm – 2pm.
Develop Your Brand, Monday 13th January.
Knowing your Strengths, Tuesday 21st January.
Future Skills, Thursday 23rd January.
Don’t miss out on our Employer Panels.
Student Guidance Centre, 4pm – 6pm.
Business and Management, 15th January
Public Sector, Not for Profit and more..., 22nd January
- There is tailored information for you on the Careers website: You can search for jobs, book into Careers/Employer Events and also one-to-one guidance appointments with a Careers Consultant
- We also have useful advice on the website about CVs, interviews and psychometric tests
- You can book an appointment to speak to a Careers Consultant via MyFuture-> Appointments -> Book an appointment
- You can gain Degree Plus accreditation for engaging in extra-curricular activities. Find more information on the Degree Plus website or come along to one of the information sessions – see MyFuture for details