Study Tour - Bioscience
A varied schedule with a focus on visits to a number of employers over a three-day period. On previous tours we have visited employers based to the north of London and in the Cambridge and Oxford areas, home to many of the globe's leading science employers. In 2020 we will visit employers in ROI and who form part of Biopharma sector in which many jobs exists for science graduates, returning to employers in England in 2021.
What to expect
The Tour aims to provide students with an active learning opportunity in Biopharma and Life Science company workplaces, to develop and share an understanding of the skills/practices, people and environments, to improve student employability and open students up to possibilities outside NI.
What does this Tour offer?
- A quality career learning experience for students
- An awareness of ROI/UK opportunities in this sector
- Learn about additional opportunities
- Develop links for placements and graduate roles
- Gain an insight into how employers recruit students
- Find out about making applications outside Northern Ireland Compete with the best students from other Institutions
Who should apply?
The tour is organised by the School of Biological Sciences in partnership with CES and open primarily to students in the School of Biological Sciences – it is also open to BSc Biomedical Science and BSc Pharmaceutical Science students Out of 20 places, 16 will be typically be allocated to School of Biological Science students Students will have an interest in working in the Life Sciences industries, including areas such as biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
Preference will be given to students who have not already participated in, or been offered a place on, the following programmes:
- A previous Global Leadership Programme including Global Leadership Experience – Asia
- Brussels Workplace Study Tour
- New York Career Development Programme
- The previous London Finance Tour, London Law Tour or Workplace Study Tour to Germany
Apply via MyFuture -> Jobs
Search for Bioscience Tour
Engaging with those presently working in the biotech and biopharma sector has instilled in me a sense of enthusiasm and allowed me to understand what topics I may be interested in...In turn this will help me to single out companies in which I would thrive in as a placement student Katherine Kearns
BSc Biochemistry with Professional studies