This exciting new programme will bring students together from across the University to work in project teams on real business problems with representatives from local companies. This is a great opportunity to get a different type of work experience, build your professional network and enhance your skills.
The programme will include:
- December 12th introduction to the programme
- January 9th meet with the representative from the company that you will be working with through the Bootcamp
- January 9th-11th work in your project teams with the company representative to understand the business problem and identify solutions
- January 11th Visit the company premises and present your solution ideas
What you will gain from this programme:
- Understanding of how design thinking can be used to solve challenges
- Interaction with students from other disciplines and year groups and building of team working skills
- Work-related learning through working with a real employer on a real problem, which can be included on a CV and used for job applications
- Introduction to Growth Mindset and using it when receiving feedback to develop and improve
- Increased confidence in your ability to be creative, entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial.
- Effective collaborative working and working for a client.
- Visit to a company premises with networking opportunities
- Experience of pitching an idea
- Increased time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Degree Plus accreditation
- This programme is open to degree-registered students from any subject and any level of study.
- Quotas will be used to ensure a balance of participants from across the University.
- Of the 40 places on the programme, no more than 15 places will be offered to students from one Faculty.
- No more than 8 places will be offered to students from one School. There is no quota for the lowest number of applicants from a School.
- Preference may be given to students from under-represented courses.
We aren’t looking for one specific profile. We are keen to get representation from students across the University. There are 40 places on this programme and students will be working in teams, so we are looking for people with a range of skills and experiences. It doesn't matter whether you have any business knowledge or experience. It also doesn't matter if you think you're not innovative!
£40 per student.
- Apply through MyFuture
- Applications will open Monday 15th October and close Friday 23rd November 2018 at 12pm
- If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We expect to be able to inform applicants by Wednesday 28th November if they have a place on the programme.
How we use your data
We are committed to protecting your personal data. In applying for this programme you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice