This exciting programme brings students together from across the University to work in project teams on real business problems with representatives from local companies. This is a great opportunity to get a different type of work experience, build your professional network and enhance your skills.
"Thanks for the opportunity to do this programme! I certainly enjoyed it and found the insight and skills development absolutely invaluable."Programme participant
- Tuesday 28th - Friday 31st May (9:30am-5pm each day). We can't accommodate participants missing any part of this 4 day programme. Full attendance is required.
- Training in Design Thinking delivered by an external facilitator. This professional training can cost up to £400 per person per day. Participants on this programme will receive this training for a minimal cost (£40 for the whole programme!)
- Participants will work in a team with other students on a real business problem for a client. Previous clients have included: Allstate, Deloitte, Citi, Grant Thornton, PwC
- On the Friday, each team will visit the client premises and present their solution to the client
Find out more at our information sessions 4th March 11am, SGC Hub and 6th March 2pm, SGC Hub.
What you will gain from this programme:
- Understanding of how Design Thinking can be used to solve challenges
- Interaction with students from other disciplines and year groups and building of team working skills
- Work-related learning through working with a real employer on a real problem, which can be included on a CV and used for job applications
- Increased confidence in your ability to be creative, entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial.
- Effective collaborative working and working for a client.
- Visit to a company premises with networking opportunities
- Experience of pitching an idea
- Increased time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Degree Plus accreditation (Route A)
- This programme is open to degree-registered students from any subject and any level of study.
- Quotas will be used to ensure a balance of participants from across the University.
- Of the 40 places on the programme, no more than 15 places will be offered to students from one Faculty.
- No more than 8 places will be offered to students from one School. There is no quota for the lowest number of applicants from a School.
- Preference may be given to students from under-represented courses.
We aren’t looking for one specific profile. We are keen to get representation from students across the University. There are 40 places on this programme and students will be working in teams, so we are looking for people with a range of skills and experiences. It doesn't matter whether you have any business knowledge or experience.
£40 per student to contribute to the costs of catering and Design Thinking training.
- Apply through MyFuture
- Applications will open Monday 25th February and close Tuesday 26th March 2019 at 12noon
- If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
What happens next?
We expect to be able to inform applicants by Thursday 28th March if they have a place on the programme.
How we use your data
We are committed to protecting your personal data. In applying for this programme you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice