- Tuesday 7th - Friday 10th January (9:30am-5pm each day). We can't accommodate participants missing any part of this 4 day programme. Full attendance is required.
- Training in Design Thinking delivered by an external facilitator. This professional training can cost up to £400 per person per day. Participants on this programme will receive this training for a minimal cost (£40 for the whole programme!). The Innovation Bootcamp programme received recognition from FourSight - developers of an internationally recognised innovation profiling tool.
- Participants will work in a team with other students on a real business problem for a client. Previous clients have included: Allstate, EY, KPMG, PwC, PSNI.
- On the Friday, each team will visit the client premises and present their solution to the client
What you will gain from this programme:
- Understanding of how Design Thinking can be used to solve a variety of challenges
- Interaction with students from other disciplines and year groups and building of team working skills
- Work-related learning through working with a real employer on a real problem, which can be included on a CV and used for job applications
- Increased confidence in your ability to be creative, entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial.
- Effective collaborative working and working for a client.
- Visit to a company premises with networking opportunities
- Experience of pitching an idea
- Increased time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Degree Plus accreditation
Examples of previous challenges:
- Allstate - How Might We file an insurance claim in 2030?
- EY - How Might We develop a co-ordinated transparent approach to Innovation in EY?
- PSNI - How Might We reduce the number of children who go missing from care?
What previous participants have said about the programme
- This programme was a great opportunity to meet students from different degree backgrounds. It was also very useful to understand the different ways to enhance my creativity which I shall definitely take with me through the rest of my degree (Level 1, Queen's Management School student)
- This programme gives you an opportunity to work on real life problems with multinational corporations. It introduces you to a new way of thinking which is different from what you are traditionally taught. (Level 2, Natural and Built Environment student)
- It was an extremely beneficial experience to have the opportunity to work with real life clients based in Belfast and to create solutions to a real life problem. (Postgraduate Law student)
- This programme is open to degree-registered students from any subject and any level of study.
- Quotas will be used to ensure a balance of participants from across the University.
- Of the 40 places on the programme, no more than 15 places will be offered to students from one Faculty.
- No more than 8 places will be offered to students from one School. There is no quota for the lowest number of applicants from a School.
- Preference may be given to students from under-represented courses.
We aren’t looking for one specific profile. We are keen to get representation from students across the University. There are 40 places on this programme and students will be working in teams, so we are looking for people with a range of skills and experiences. It doesn't matter whether you have any business knowledge or experience.
£40 per student to contribute to the costs of catering and Design Thinking training.
- Apply through MyFuture
- Applications will open Monday 16th September and close Monday 11th November 2019 at 12noon
- If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We expect to be able to inform applicants by Monday 18th November if they have a place on the programme.
How we use your data
We are committed to protecting your personal data. In applying for this programme you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice