Please note: the information below is from last academic year. Details for 2019/20 are not yet available.
Careers in Law Insight Programme - CLIP
Programme consists of structured visits and workplace insights to include work practices, people and environments. This Belfast based programme will provide students with an opportunity to connect with employers and explore career options related to solicitor, barrister and graduate legal roles eg legal professional.
Through this PROGRAMME you can expect to:
- Visit the Bar of Northern Ireland, local and global law firms in Belfast.
- Take part in case studies, workshops, panels and legal skills sessions
- Hear from barristers and solicitors from a variety of practice areas including human rights, commercial, family and defence litigation.
- Get insight into training pathways in Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and England &Wales
- Network with senior professionals, recent graduates and alumni
- Find out about summer internships, placements, vacation schemes and training contracts
- Get valuable tips from recruiters and improve the quality of your applications to firms
- Join like-minded students in this unique insight into the work/life balance of lawyers and barristers
- Develop your employability skills through designing and delivering a post tour dissemination event to share your experience
- Programme takes place during May Development Weeks
- Open to degree-registered Queen’s University students
- Out of 30 places, 25 will be allocated to Queen’s Law School. Leaving 5 places open to students from any school.
- Open to most levels of study – applicants must still be registered students during the programme
- Preference will be given to students who have not already participated in a Workplace Study Tour or the Global Leadership Experience Workplace Study Tour during the course of your degree e.g. Brussels tour, Finance Tour, Germany tour, Career Connections, Biosciences
- Preference may be given to students from under-represented courses
How to apply?
Applications open early in Semester 2
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the interest list for this Programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org