The Queen's Global Leadership Programme 2018 (United States)
Following from the success of the Global Leadership Experience Asia programme that we ran in 2016 and 2017, in 2018 we will be taking the programme to the United States.
The programme will support 30 students to develop leadership skills in an international context and bring that learning back to support Queen's and the wider community.
The programme will include:
- Online preparation and face-to-face delivery on campus
- Visits to organisations in the US and networking with alumni and other senior professionals.
- Through the entire duration of the programme you will work with other student participants on projects which give you the opportunity to become a change-maker at Queen's and within the wider community.
- On return from the US you will present the outcomes of your projects and run workshops for other students during the last week of Development Weeks (28th May - 1st June 2018)
- Alumni of this programme will be expected to participate in future QGLP activities including promotion for next year.
- 14th-16th May 2018 - On-campus programme at Queen's
- 19th-27th May 2018 - Visit to New York and Washington to meet alumni and other leaders
- 28th May - 1st June - Project Outcomes
- Open to degree-registered Queen's University students - ANY year (undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research), ANY programme of study, full-time or part-time.
- £250 per student to cover travel and accommodation. Students should be able to bring additional funds to cover food and miscellaneous expenses.
- Students will be responsible for arranging their own visas for travel to the US and should check their eligibility before applying for this programme.
How to apply:
- Applications for the 2018 programme have now closed and the 30 students have been selected. Please check this page for details of the 2019 programme which should be available this autumn.