Find out more about each tour:
- Bioscience (June)
- Brussels Tour (focusing on EU careers) (June)
- Germany Tour (June) - NB: This tour is currently under review
- London Finance and Business Tour (September)
- London Law Tour (January)
What to expect from the tours
The aim of these tours is to provide students with:
- an active learning opportunity in graduate workplaces
- to develop and share understanding of the skills/practices, people and environments
- support applications to graduate roles
Each group visits around 8 graduate employers over the course of the tour and engages in a range of business games, case studies and related exercises reflecting recruitment selection practices.
Students are provided with a range of networking opportunities either during the employer visit or after working hours in the evenings, allowing students to make connections with recent graduate employees, Queens’ alumni and senior professionals who may become useful mentors and provide valuable help in the recruitment process.
Through the tour, students develop commercial awareness, experience graduate life and practise the employability skills required of the graduate workplace.
Following the tour, students will organise and deliver a dissemination event for fellow students to pass on the learning from their experience.
The Workplace Study Tours are a DegreePlus Route A activity.
How/when to apply
Each tour has a competitive application process which typically begins a few months before the tour takes place. Keep an eye on MyFuture for Information Sessions which will detail the application process.