- A varied schedule with a focus on visits to a number of employers over a three day period.
- Employers are located north of London and in the Cambridge and Oxford areas, home to many of the globe's leading science employers.
- Sessions have included presentations on the science industry undertaken within the various employers visited, the drug discovery (research and development) process, careers outside the laboratory (clinical trials, regulatory affairs, commercial roles) as well as an Alumni evening where students get to meet Queen’s graduates who have relocated to the south of England.
- Part of the tour involves a skills based session with a focus on applications and interview skills.
- Employers visited on previous tour have included GSK, Roche, Immunocore, Heptares, SRG (Science recruitment), Oxford Bioscience network, Isansys, Onenucleus, Pxious Therapeutics and Neusentis (formerly a Pfizer company)
- Students complete a Certificate in Workplace Learning which is accredited by Degree Plus
"Engaging with those presently working in the biotech and biopharma sector has instilled in me a sense of enthusiasm and allowed me to understand what topics I may be interested in...In turn this will help me to single out companies in which I would thrive in as a placement student"Katherine Kearns
BSc Biochemistry with Professional studies
Open to students in the School of Biological Sciences who have an interest in working in the Life Sciences industries, including areas such as biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
Preference may be given to students from under-represented courses.
How to apply
Applications will open in Semester 2
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the interest list for this Tour please email email@example.com