London Law Tour
The next Law Tour will take place 3rd-7th September 2018.
Through this you can expect to:
- Visit a number of leading city law firms. Previous visits have included: Allen & Overy, Baker & McKenzie, Berwin Leighton Paisner, Clifford Chance, Clyde & Co, CMS Cameron McKenna, Freshfields, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hogan Lovells, Linklaters, Pinsent Masons, Stephenson Harwood, Travers Smith
- Take part in business games, case studies, skills sessions. Previous workshops have included: Advocacy Skills, Negotiation Skills, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Network with senior professionals, recent graduates and alumni
- Find out about summer internships, placements, vacation schemes and training contracts
- Get valuable tips from recruiters and improve the quality of your applications to firms
- Join like minded students in this unique insight into the work/life balance of city lawyers
- Develop your employability skills through designing and delivering a post tour dissemination event to share your experience. Complete a Certificate in Workplace learning which is accredited by Degree Plus
"The skills workshops gave me a great insight into the type of work that a city lawyer does, as well as the different practice areas. It is also a great talking point in Vacation Scheme interviews."Hannah Alexander
Common and Civil Law
24 places are available to Queen's University degree-registered students.
Open to most levels of study - applicants must still be registered students during the tour (September)
Due to employer requirements, students must have a minimum 2.1.average in university modules. We will check this requirement through QSIS for each applicant to this tour.
Preference will be given to students who have not already participated in a Workplace Study Tour or the Global Leadership Experience –Asia.
Students are required to pay £100 to cover the costs of travel and accommodation.
How to apply
- There is a competitive application process through which applicants must demonstrate their motivation and commitment to working in this sector in London.
- In 2018 the programme will open for application on 8th February and there will be an Information session on that day in the SGC Hub.
- We will recruit for this Tour through the same written application process as for the City Scholarship (Law) programme and the Stephenson Harwood internship in Singapore.
- Students will be required to state a preference for the programme to which they would like to apply.
- Further details of how to apply will be made available by 8th February in MyFuture under Jobs -> Queen's Career Programmes -> Available Positions.
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the interest list for this Tour please email email@example.com