Who uses MyFuture?
4,000 active employers
Students can log in to My Future with their Queen’s email and usual password.
Every student at Queen’s can access the platform using their Queen’s email address and password.
There are currently 4,000 employers active on the platform as well as opportunities, workshops, virtual fairs, appointments and personal development resources from Careers Employability and Skills, Queen’s Library, Learning Development Service, The Graduate School, School Placement Offices and the Students’ Union.
Students can book events and appointments with Careers Employability and Skills, Queen’s Library and the Learning Development Service.
Updates and improvements
Several improvements have been made to the student interface of MyFuture, the most notable being the use of imagery to drive user experience. Scrollable carousels also make it easier for students to search and find jobs and events relevant to them, while smart technology now matches students with opportunities based on previous searches and QSIS data. You may find this short video helpful.Read more about the MyFuture platform
Students can benefit from a more personalised experience as the system now:
• Uses algorithms to suggest relevant events and jobs that may be of interest to them, based on their previous activity, as well as those suggested on the basis of their QSIS registration data.
• Allows them to edit and upload relevant images and connect their social media to a personal profile page. As a result, our students can enhance their personal brand by showcasing their wider skills and experience and create their own personal webpage through the generation of a URL link to their MyFuture profile. This can then be shared or emailed to any external opportunity providers, employers, postgraduate course provider or other relevant party.
DASA services can use the new Personal Development area in MyFuture to connect Queen’s students to any of the following:
• A tailored online extra-curricular course or pathway
• A recommended, licensed personal development resource e.g. Psychometric Tests
• Software to host alumni, employer, or other external mentoring or networking programme
• Run practice or actual video interviews