Skip to main content

What is Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)?

If you are resident in the UK, as a student with a disability, you may be entitled to the DSA.

The allowance can help with additional costs for:

  • Specialist equipment such as a computer, assistive software and any other aids which you may require to complete your course;
  • One-to-one support such as note-takers, study skills tutors and specialist dyslexia tutors;
  • Consumables such as paper, ink and photocopying;
  • Travel costs if your disability prevents you from being able to access public transport;
  • Consideration for other additional costs such as accommodation and travel.