The 21 Plus Team, Bridgeen and Michelle work on a part time basis for the Learning Development & Widening Participation Unit in Queen’s University and have been employed as an additional support for mature students (currently defined as students over the age of 21 at the time of starting Queen’s).
Bridgeen and Michelle are employed in an advisory capacity, to offer advice and guidance to mature students at Queen’s, including signposting mature students to appropriate supports in the University. Both Bridgeen and Michelle recently graduated from Queen’s and were mature students when undertaking their Psychology degrees. They are happy to share their student experiences with current mature students including difficulties and challenges they faced during their student journey and range of supports they availed off, along with providing a listening ear to current mature students who may be having difficulties or just needing to have a chat with someone.
Bridgeen and Michelle are running 21 Plus Drop In sessions for students to come in and have an informal chat over a cup of tea/coffee.
The 21 Plus Drop In is available:
- 11am – 3pm on Tuesdays*: The Hub, Student Guidance Centre
- 11am – 3pm on Wednesdays*: The Hub, Student Guidance Centre
(*running until Wednesday 11th December 2019 and resuming again on Tuesday 7th January 2020)
In addition, Bridgeen and Michelle will be running a range of events and activities during the academic year. To find out more call in and see them at the Drop In or send them an email: email@example.com (please note the email account is monitored on a part time basis)
To find out more about other supports available please click on relevant links below:
- Student Guidance Centre Services (including details on Learning Development Service, Student Wellbeing, Careers, Employability & Skills etc): qub.ac.uk/sgc
- Students’ Union (including Advice SU): http://www.qubsu.org/
- Graduate School: https://www.qub.ac.uk/graduate-school/
- Contact Details for Schools (for support from your Personal Tutor/Advisor of Studies): http://qub.ac.uk/schools/
- Out of hours support: Please note, the following services are available 24/7: STUDENT COUNSELLING (INSPIRE) Tel: 0808 800 0016 (Freephone) LIFELINE Tel: 0808 808 8000. GP or local A&E hospital service. SAMARITANS Tel: 08457909090 (national line) or 028 90664422 (Belfast).