The first week of March is “Eating Disorders Awareness Week”. As part of the #QUBeWell University Mental Health Week, BEAT will provide a talk on support and raising awareness about eating disorders.
This talk will be given by several Ambassadors from the charity BEAT, the UK’s eating disorder charity. BEAT have recently launched in Northern Ireland.
The Ambassadors are courageous people, who will be sharing their journeys with the group on their eating disorder recovery.
They will demonstrate, through their own lived experience, that no-one has to suffer from these illnesses in silence.
The talk will cover the following:
- Common myths and misconceptions around eating disorders;
- Early signs of eating disorders;
- The importance of seeking support with an eating disorder as soon as possible;
- The role that BEAT can play for anyone affected by an eating disorder,
- The personal experience of someone who has had an eating disorder,
- The tangible hope that recovery from an eating disorder is possible.
This session will take place via MS Teams.
The link to join this session will be circulated on Monday 1 March 2021.
For further information on BEAT, please visit their website below: