Let The Belfast Food Blogger Conor Hogan guide you through cooking a taste bud tantalising Fakeaway favourite: honey chilli chicken. Fancy a FREE ingredient recipe kit? Keep reading to find out how to claim yours!
Can’t cook, won’t cook or budding expert chef?
Whatever your culinary experience, join in for some cook-a-long fun with everyone’s favourite local VIP chef, Conor Hogan, AKA The Belfast Food Blogger and self-acclaimed “Carrie Bradshaw of Belfast”...only more ‘Snacks in the City’.
What are we cooking?
Honey Chilli Chicken! But don’t worry…this ‘fakeaway’ version is not only tasty, it’s also healthier, straightforward to make, and – the best part – you’ll feel great having cooked something for yourself!
How do I make it?
If you’re cooking along with us on the evening, here’s a list of what you'll need:
- 1 x egg
- 120g flour
- 4 x chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oil (I prefer rapeseed oil)
- 2 x cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp honey
- Dash of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 x scallions
- Mixing bowl
- A Pan or a wok
- Serve with boiled rice, noodles, or salad, depending on your preference.
* Before you begin cooking you need to crack an egg into a bowl and mix with a fork. Then put the flour in a separate bowl.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and dip each strip in egg mixture then roll in flour
- Add oil to the wok and turn heat up to high. Add chicken and cook for 8-12 minutes on a high heat. Alternatively, if you want to stay clear of shallow frying, you can oven bake the chicken strips at 190 for 25 min.
- For the sauce, add a little oil in a separate pan on a medium heat, add the crushed garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Then add honey, a dash of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce, cook for a further minute (if the sauce is too thick, simply add a dash of water)
- Add the chicken strips to the sauce and cook together for 90 seconds
We have a limited number of FREE cooking kits to make your own Fakeaway honey chilli chicken on the evening. Available first come first serve, to all students! Follow our booking link to avail of of a recipe kit! Terms & Conditions Apply – mainly you just have to agree to tuning in to the cook-a-long itself, and you have to promise to send us a photo of your creation afterwards! - We are sure that all of your creations look extra tasty!
We’re super excited for this event and are looking forward to seeing you & cooking together! Have any questions? Let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
|Name||Student Wellbeing Service|