Supporting talented young people on their journey to Queen's University Belfast
What is the Pathway Opportunity Programme? Is it right for me?
Are you aged 16-19 and interested in studying at Queen's University? Are you currently in the first year of your A-Level course? If so, then the Pathway Opportunity Programme could be a great choice for you!
The Pathway Opportunity Programme has been supporting students since it began in 2017. Since then, it has seen over 600 students pass through its Pathways, receiving support in study and academic skills, university applications and confidence building activities. The Pathway Opportunity Programme gives you, as a student, the chance to study a little of your chosen subject on campus at Queen’s University Belfast in order to prepare you for the transition to university life.
By participating in the Pathway Opportunity Programme, you will have the chance to:
- Receive a reduced grade conditional offer or a guaranteed interview (where applicable).
- Receive a bursary to help you with your studies at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Meet like-minded students and get to know a range of Academics and staff.
- Attend a completely free Summer School that gives you the chance to study as a Queen’s student.
- Improve and build a range of skills such as study skills, confidence and knowledge.
- Get support and help with applications and transitioning into University life.