TUTOR APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR 2018/2019
Queen’s Senior Academy is now recruiting subject specific tutors. If you meet the requirements as outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification and are a registered Queen's student, please complete the Tutor Application form.
If you are NOT a registered Queen’s student, we still welcome your application; please forward your name and postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post a form out to you.
Any queries please contact the Senior Academy team on 028 9097 1567.
- To explain relevant curriculum areas to students, addressing particular issues as directed by students.
- To tutor fundamentals of the given subject areas.
- To create a positive learning environment.
- To work through examples and past papers.
- To provide guidance on revision techniques and study skills for specific subject areas.
- To ensure support is delivered in an accessible and timely manner.
- To adhere to the Code of Conduct as issued by Queen’s University.
- To complete and return all relevant paperwork for each tutor session in a timely and accurate manner.
- To provide feedback to the Widening Participation Unit as requested.
- To provide resources developed as part of your tutoring role to the Widening Participation unit.
|Educational and Professional Qualifications||Essential||A Level or higher qualification in relevant curriculum area or relevant academic subject|
Familiar with curriculum specifications in relevant subject areas and range of Exam Boards/Degree and/or Tutoring/Teaching/Training Qualification
Experience of being in a support role
Experience of one-to-one academic tuition;
Experience of working with AS/A Level pupils
Excellent oral communication skills;
Excellent written communication skills;
Good interpersonal skills;
Awareness of confidentiality;
Enthusiastic and motivational attitude.
Empathy for young people;
Commitment to helping students from a widening participation background achieve academically
|Personal Qualities||Essential||Willingness to complete Access NI Checks|
Flexibility over working hours;
Available to travel.