Don’t let your online activity damage your career prospects!
Things you should consider removing from online profiles include:
- References to excessive drinking or drug taking
- Comments of a sexual nature
- Racist, sectarian, homophobic, sexist, anti-disability or extremist views
- Support for illegal activities or organisations
If you find content online that could harm your reputation:
- Send a polite request asking the publisher to remove or correct it
- If that doesn’t work, report the content using the links provided
- If appropriate, post a correction but don’t get involved in an online argument!
Don’t forget about your email address, profile / cover pictures and bio!
Do they give the right impression?