After an event, the process is not complete until all of the necessary follow-up has been completed and all loose ends have been tied up. Following your event, make sure you:
- Clean up all event-related materials and return any borrowed items to appropriate sources
- Request receipts from speakers for reimbursable expenses
- Request invoices from all suppliers and update budget with actual costs
- Send 'Thank You' notes to speakers, special guests and event staff
- Reflect on the planning process and make notes of areas for improvement
Attendee Follow Up
Once a guest has chosen to attend or you have built a relationship with an attendee, it is important to consider how you will maintain contact after your event to ensure maximum impact. Event feedback surveys are a great way to gauge how useful your guests found the event, find out what went well and what could be improved and open a post-event communication channel.
Surveys can be created and sent electronically using online applications such as Survey Monkey using the contact details you gathered at the registration stage. A sample follow up survey can be found here, along with some useful Survey Tips.