The 11th Annual NERI Labour Market Conference in association with Queen’s Management School will provide a forum for the presentation of research papers on labour market issues (North & South of Ireland & international).
- May 23, 2023
- Riddel Hall, 185 Stranmillis Road, Belfast BT9 5EE
- 10:00 - 18:00
Presentations from researchers, academics, and labour market practitioners are invited for this forthcoming conference. Those interested should submit a title and brief abstract (max 400 words) by Friday 24 March 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
1. Employment, Unemployment and Labour Market Transitions (Migration, Age, Gender);
2. Earnings, Labour Costs and Affordability;
3. Productivity, Growth and Human Capital;
4. Low Pay, In-work poverty, Working Conditions, Job security and Job Quality;
5. Labour Market Participation and Activation, Demographics, Labour Supply, Overqualification Incentives and Barriers;
6. Labour Market Institutions: Minimum/Living Wages, Collective Bargaining, Workplace Regimes;
7. Distribution and Labour Market Inequalities, Fiscal Policy and the Labour Market;
8. Labour market impacts of Brexit, Covid & the ‘cost of living’ crisis;
9. Interaction between and impact of taxation and welfare systems on the labour market;
10. Economies in transition: Climate and Net Zero Emissions Transition, Digitalisation, Automation, Just Transitions, Lock-in.
The conference is open to all who are interested and is free to attend. However, you must register your intention to attend the conference by contacting email@example.com.
Submission Deadline: Friday 24 March 2023
Notification of Acceptance: Friday 5 May 2023
Registration Deadline: Monday 22 May 2023
Conference Date: Tuesday 23 May 2023
Due to the ongoing construction of our new Queen’s Management School Building on Riddel Hall grounds, car parking is currently unavailable. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this causes you. Please see alternative commuting options.