About the course
The charity sector in Northern Ireland is facing many challenges as we deal with the consequences of the Covid-19 Pandemic. In Northern Ireland we have a large and vibrant charity sector ranging from small groups meeting local needs with few resources to charities who are household names, operating with budgets of millions. There are many legal and governance issues which are fundamental to the effective operation and success of a charity. The regulatory landscape for charities is quickly changing in this jurisdiction. In this course we will be dealing with many of these regulatory and operational matters.
We will cover the following topics:
- Establishing a charity: legal structures & registration requirements;
- Governance codes & regulatory requirements;
- Board responsibilities and managing risk;
- Fundraising codes & best practice
- People Management, Human Resources, Volunteering and Mental Health – issues and solutions.
- Data protection issues – the common-law versus the common misconception.
- Procurement and tendering. Public/private tendering - pre and post Brexit – and TUPE issues – what to watch out for.
Who should attend?
The course will appeal to solicitors and barristers in practice who advise charitable organisations. It will also appeal to those working in the charity sector or those who hold positions on boards of organisations or in a management capacity. We invite legal professionals and individuals involved with the charity sector to apply.
|Phone||028 9097 5699|