The Graduate School and the Postdoctoral Development Centre at QUB are hosting an online employer engagement event where doctoral students and post-doctoral staff will have an opportunity to network and interact with a range of potential employers.
Representatives from both academic and non-academic backgrounds will discuss what employers need from researchers today and how academics can transfer their skills to non-academic work environments.
In previous years employers confirmed have included:
*Students who attend all twelve virtual workshops (below), equivalent to six full days of training, integral to the Future Ready Programme the academic year 2020 – 2021 will be eligible for the Researcher Plus award.
· Your Academic Cover Letter: 29/09/20
· Your Non-Academic Cover Letter: 13/10/20
· Your Academic CV: 06/10/20
· Your Non-Academic CV: 20/10/20
· Succeeding in Academic Interviews: 27/10/20
· Succeeding in Non-Academic Interviews: 03/11/20
· Writing Effective Funding Proposals:10/11/20
· How to Find a Job:17/11/20
· Employer Engagement Event: 24/11/20
· Commercialising Your Research: 26/11/20
· Tomorrow’s Leaders, Today 12/11/20
· Project Management and Your Research: 29/10/20