Lead the way from today.
This virtual leadership workshop will help PGR (Doctorate) students to develop and enhance their personal leadership skills, build their emotional resilience, and grow their networks in a rapidly changing world. Leadership in this new virtual world is about promoting collaboration, building emotional resilience, and motivating yourself and others. This programme will help you to develop the skills and behaviours needed to take on these new leadership challenges.
You will complete the Kouzes and Posner 360° Student Leadership Challenge (LPI) that will help you to tailor a personal development plan. Participate in online sessions, work in virtual teams and take time for individual reflection. This will develop your leadership skills against the Graduate School’s five pillars, making you a more effective Thinker, Leader, Communicator and Innovator who is Future-Ready.
Meet the Consultant
This 3-hour virtual workshop is led by Caroline Dobson, Postgraduate Training and Development Consultant at the Graduate School. Caroline is an experienced Leadership and Team Development Consultant and professional Coach and has over 20 years’ experience in supporting the development of individuals, teams, and leaders in the public sectors. It is her role to facilitate the webinar and will introduce you to a variety of different leadership concepts, theories and research perspectives that will support your leadership development journey.
*Students who attend all twelve virtual workshops (below), equivalent to six full days of training, integral to the Future Ready Programme the academic year 2020 – 2021 will be eligible for the Researcher Plus award.
· Your Academic Cover Letter: 29/09/20
· Your Non-Academic Cover Letter: 13/10/20
· Your Academic CV: 06/10/20
· Your Non-Academic CV: 20/10/20
· Succeeding in Academic Interviews: 27/10/20
· Succeeding in Non-Academic Interviews: 03/11/20
· Writing Effective Funding Proposals:10/11/20
· How to Find a Job:17/11/20
· Employer Engagement Event: 24/11/20
· Commercialising Your Research: 26/11/20
· Tomorrow’s Leaders, Today 12/11/20
· Project Management and Your Research: 29/10/20