Organised by the Graduate School, this online event will enable PhD students to get a better insight of career options and recruitment processes for PhD-qualified individuals.
The Graduate School is hosting an employer engagement event where doctoral students will have an opportunity to interact with a range of potential employers. Representatives from both academic and non-academic backgrounds will discuss what employers need from researchers today and how academics can transfer their skills to non-academic work environments.
In previous years employers confirmed have included:
*Students who attend all fourteen workshops (below), equivalent to seven full days of training, integral to the Future Ready Programme the academic year 2021 – 2022 will be eligible for the Researcher Plus Award.
- Your Cover Letter for Academic Jobs
- Your Cover Letter for Non-Academic Jobs
- Your Academic CV
- Your Non-Academic CV
- Succeeding in Academic Interviews
- Succeeding in Non-Academic Interviews
- Writing Effective Funding Proposals
- How to Find a Job
- Employer Engagement Event
- Commercialising Your Research
- Preparing for Leadership
- Applying Project Management Principles to Your Research
- Building your Emotional Resilience
- Fundamentals of Coaching