Learn how to apply project management principles to your research.
This virtual workshop will help PGR (Doctorate) students to develop and enhance their understanding and application of project management principles and tools to scoping, planning, implementing and evaluating their research and studies.
You will participate in an online session, work in virtual teams, and take time for individual reflection. This will be supported with arrange of practical project management tools and templates to apply to your own work and projects.
Meet the Consultant
This 3-hour webinar is led by John Mackel, Postgraduate Training and Development Consultant at the Graduate School. John has over 30 years of experience as a Consultant and Owner / Director, in leading and managing projects in organisations across a range of sectors specifically in Strategy Implementation, Leadership Development, R&D, and Business Improvement.
*Students who attend all twelve workshops (below), equivalent to six full days of training, integral to the Future Ready Programme the academic year 2020 – 2021 will be eligible for the Researcher Plus award.
· Your Academic Cover Letter: 29/09/20
· Your Non-Academic Cover Letter: 13/10/20
· Your Academic CV: 06/10/20
· Your Non-Academic CV: 20/10/20
· Succeeding in Academic Interviews: 27/10/20
· Succeeding in Non-Academic Interviews: 03/11/20
· Writing Effective Funding Proposals:10/11/20
· How to Find a Job:17/11/20
· Employer Engagement Event: 24/11/20
· Commercialising Your research: 26/11/20
· Tomorrow’s Leaders, Today 12/11/20
· Project Management and Your Research: 29/10/20