A successful record of obtaining research funding is one of the most critical elements in helping you secure an academic career. However, writing a grant application is not easy and the sooner you start engaging in this process, the higher your chances of succeeding will be. Learn how to approach writing a proposal to maximise your chances of success. Understand the criteria set by funders and identify common weaknesses in funding proposals.
Meet the Consultant
This virtual workshop will be led by Dr Lilian Simones, Researcher Development Consultant at the Graduate School. Dr Simones supports and guides PhD students and early career researchers and helps them to navigate the next steps in their chosen career paths. An experienced researcher, Lilian has a multidisciplinary background, combining Psychology, Education, Gesture Studies and Music.
*Students who attend all twelve virtual workshops (below), equivalent to six full days of training, integral to the Future Ready Programme the academic year 2020 – 2021 will be eligible for the Researcher Plus award.
· Your Academic Cover Letter: 29/09/20
· Your Non-Academic Cover Letter: 13/10/20
· Your Academic CV: 06/10/20
· Your Non-Academic CV: 20/10/20
· Succeeding in Academic Interviews: 27/10/20
· Succeeding in Non-Academic Interviews: 03/11/20
· Writing Effective Funding Proposals:10/11/20
· How to Find a Job:17/11/20
· Employer Engagement Event: 24/11/20
· Commercialising Your Research: 26/11/20
· Tomorrow’s Leaders, Today 12/11/20
· Project Management and Your Research: 29/10/20