This workshop will enable you to develop key skills that will support you in your second year of your PhD. In this workshop you will:
- Set your goals for year 2
- Discover ways to develop your writing style
- Consider strategies for finding your academic voice
- Communicate your research strategy
- Develop multidisciplinary peer networks
Meet the Consultant:
This workshop will be facilitated by Dr Abbie Edgar, Researcher Development Consultant at the Graduate School. Abbie supports postgraduate students with their research development and is passionate about enabling them to reach their academic potential. Abbie has a PhD in Education and is a trained post-primary teacher. Abbie's previous experience before taking up her role at the Graduate School included supporting undergraduate students with their academic skills in the Learning Development Service at QUB, working as a Support Provider for students with disabilities at QUB and as an Associate Lecturer at the Open University.