Information for Queen’s Making the Most of Masters Partners
We believe in forming beneficial long term collaborations with organisations that need research carried out and can support students to work on such projects. Using our established resources, Queen’s Making the Most of Masters (QMMM) can help you develop a meaningful and sustainable method of linking your research needs with postgraduate student skills through work based projects (WBPs). QMMM pilot is currently working with interested staff in all 3 Faculties to ensure that Masters students will have the option of a work based project instead of a more tradition dissertation.
What we offer
- Access to motivated Masters students across a range of academic areas
- Useof our resources and tools to establish you as an organisation that offers WBPs
- Increasedexposure and marketing opportunities within Queen’s University
- Participation in the development and improvement of relevant student skills
How it works?
To meet the requirements of the Queen’s Making the Most of Masters (QMMM) programme there must be a degree of flexibility around each project, but the following elements will be in place:
- Links with Employers/Organisations – QMMM Co-ordinators will actively engage with employers/organisations across a range of sectors in Northern Ireland to produce workplace based projects for Masters students in response to organisational need. QMMM Co-ordinators may also support academic staff who choose to develop projects with their own contacts
- Topic Development - Project proposals will generally originate from employers in discussion with QUB Co-ordinators and are subsequently refined through discussions with the Programme Directors and/or Academic Supervisors. Work based projects must meet with existing criteria for dissertation projects and demand the same level of commitment from the student
- Supervision - Projects will be supervised by a member of academic staff with appropriate input from a suitable person from the employer’s organisation
- Outputs - The expected outcomes of the project will be clearly stated at the outset to ensure that both the employer's and academic needs are met
- Supporting Documentation – QMMM Co-ordinators will provide supporting education and administrative material where appropriate.
Please contact Tom Mervyn (Employer Engagement team) for more information: email@example.com