PREPARING YOU FOR THE FUTURE
OUR DEVELOPMENTAL PILLARS
The Graduate School will support you to be a Thinker, Innovator, Leader, and Communicator who is Future-Ready.
As a postgraduate at Queen’s, you will develop these attributes through our unique combination of specialist disciplinary study and high-level, transdisciplinary skills training. It’s this combination which makes you genuinely future-ready.
reflective, critical, flexible, disruptive
Creative, business aware, risk manager, insight driven
Visionary, strategic, self-aware, collaborative
Academic writers, publicly engaged, socially networked, professional presenters
Confident, resilient, employer focused, networked
Inspire, Develop, Apply
- INSPIRE you through access to our thought leaders.
- DEVELOP Develop your skills through an individually-tailored programme.
- APPLY these skills and knowledge through real world challenges.
At every step of your individual journey we provide specialist support and feedback:
- STEP ONE: Welcome and induction to our Postgraduate Community
- STEP TWO: Individual needs assessment based on our developmental pillars
- STEP THREE: Create a tailored programme which meets your development needs
- STEP FOUR: Ongoing specialist support to help realise what's next for you.
Postgraduate welcome events
In September we run a full programme of welcome events designed exclusively for all postgraduates
It’s your chance to meet other postgraduates, find out about academic opportunities, tour the facilities and enrol for skills sessions.
Throughout the year
We host a wide range of collaborative events, interactive workshops and engagement opportunities specifically tailored for postgraduates
From social activities to development and skills training on viva video and writing, business mentoring and employer led skills sessions. Start your journey now.