Have you ever wondered if you could make a living out of your big ideas?
This two-part workshop will help you explore how to make money from your ideas and how to ensure they are protected. We’ll cover commercialisation; from what it is to how you can benefit from it, what funders and investors expect to see, the role of Intellectual Property, and how Queen’s can support you in turning your research into a real-life commercial project.
Meet the Facilitators
This virtual workshop will be delivered by a member of the IP and Licensing Team, Suzanne Walsh from the Graduate School will be facilitating. The IP and Licensing Team at QUB work alongside researchers on developing and commercialising IP, either through licensing new products and technologies to commercial companies or creating new spin out companies.
*Students who attend all fourteen workshops (below), equivalent to seven full days of training, integral to the Future Ready Programme the academic year 2021 – 2022 will be eligible for the Researcher Plus Award.
- Your Cover Letter for Academic Jobs
- Your Cover Letter for Non-Academic Jobs
- Your Academic CV
- Your Non-Academic CV
- Succeeding in Academic Interviews
- Succeeding in Non-Academic Interviews
- Writing Effective Funding Proposals
- How to Find a Job
- Employer Engagement Event
- Commercialising Your Research
- Preparing for Leadership
- Applying Project Management Principles to Your Research
- Building your Emotional Resilience
- Fundamentals of Coaching