So, you're looking for a new academic job?
Make sure your CV is employer ready. This virtual workshop will explore the various components of an academic CV, exploring how best to tailor it to make a good impression when applying for academic positions. We will consider what makes a CV stand out to an employer and view a range of examples of successful academic CVs.
Meet the Consultant
This virtual workshop will be led by Dr Lilian Simones, Researcher Development Consultant at the Graduate School. Dr Simones supports and guides PhD students and early career researchers and helps them to navigate the next steps in their chosen career paths. An experienced researcher, Lilian has a multidisciplinary background, combining Psychology, Education, Gesture Studies and Music.
*Students who attend all fourteen workshops (below), equivalent to seven full days of training, integral to the Future Ready Programme the academic year 2021 – 2022 will be eligible for the Researcher Plus Award.
- Your Cover Letter for Academic Jobs
- Your Cover Letter for Non-Academic Jobs
- Your Academic CV
- Your Non-Academic CV
- Succeeding in Academic Interviews
- Succeeding in Non-Academic Interviews
- Writing Effective Funding Proposals
- How to Find a Job
- Employer Engagement Event
- Commercialising Your Research
- Preparing for Leadership
- Applying Project Management Principles to Your Research
- Building your Emotional Resilience
- Fundamentals of Coaching