- June 6, 2023
- 14:00 - 16:30
A winning conference proposal begins with the ability to communicate your research and its relevance.
In this workshop you will:
- Acknowledge the requirements of conferences
- Reflect on abstract ‘formulas’ within your discipline
- Be aware of the importance of controlling your voice
- Create an opening for your conference presentation
- Learn how to prepare for and deal with the Q&A session
- Consider virtual/face to face presentation approaches
Meet the consultant
This workshop will be facilitated by Dr Abbie Edgar, Researcher Development Consultant at the Graduate School. Abbie supports postgraduate students with their research development and is passionate about enabling them to reach their academic potential. Abbie has a PhD in Education and is a trained post-primary teacher. Abbie's previous experience before taking up her role at the Graduate School included supporting undergraduate students with their academic skills in the Learning Development Service at QUB, working as a Support Provider for students with disabilities at QUB and as an Associate Lecturer at the Open University.
The Graduate School
- Add to calendar