Postgraduate Welcome Competition
WIN a coffee machine!
Are you a new Master's or PhD student at Queen's?
We're so excited for you to kickstart your postgraduate journey with us. It's a new academic year, with new experiences and new opportunities. To celebrate the launch of our Semester One programme, we're giving you the chance to WIN a coffee machine to help you to stay motivated and fulfill all your caffeine needs this year!
To be in with the chance of winning, send us a photograph or selfie with a quote/capiton that sums up your passion for your Master's subject or PhD research. This can be a photograph of absolutely anything, be as creative as you like!
To enter, simply post your photo and quote/caption in the comments section of our Facebook post, or add to our Twitter thread. This competition will open on Monday 21st September.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering this competition, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions also form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- This promotion is open to postgraduate students of Queen’s University Belfast.
- To enter, participants must either comment on the competition Facebook post, or reply to the Twitter thread, sharing a photograph with a caption or quote that they feel shows their passion for their Master's subject or PhD research.
- Participants must submit both a photograph and a caption/quote to be considered.
- Photographs and captions/quotes submitted as part of the competition may be used for future marketing purposes by the Graduate School and/or Queen’s University Belfast. The winner(s) consent to the use by the Promoter, both during and for a period of five years after the closing date of the competition, of the winners’ video, quotes, names, voices and images for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites and social media accounts hosted by the Promoter) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the competition, all entrants consent to the same.
- Each entrant can submit one photograph and one caption/quote.
- All entries must be received by 4pm on Friday 23rd October. The Graduate School accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- The winner(s) will be selected by a panel of judges. If the prize winners do not respond after two attempts to contact them, they will forfeit the right to claim the prize and the Promoter will choose another winner.
- If any technical failure, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other cause beyond the control of the Graduate School, corrupts or affects the administration, integrity or fairness of the promotion, then the Graduate School may, at its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or invalidate affected entries.
- There are no cash or other alternatives to the stated prize(s) and, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Graduate School, the prize(s) will only be awarded directly to the winning participant(s) at Queen’s University Belfast.
- The winner(s) will not be able to refund or transfer to another prize.
- The Graduate School reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion and these terms and conditions without prior notice, at any time.
- In the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Graduate School reserves the right to substitute with similar prizes of equal or greater value.
- This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or any other social media platforms.
- The winner(s) may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and the winners shall participate in such activity on the Graduate School’s reasonable request.