If you are travelling from a red list country to commence your programme of study at Queen’s University in the 2021-22 academic year, current government guidelines require you to complete a mandatory hotel quarantine at your port of arrival.
The cost of this hotel quarantine is £1,750 per person and can be booked through the relevant link here depending on your point of entry to the UK: England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. The 10-day (11 night) Managed Quarantine Package includes:
- Your hotel stay;
- Food and beverages;
- Two Covid-19 tests.
To support international offer-holders travelling from red list countries to commence their new programme of study at Queen’s University in the 2021-22 academic year, the University will reimburse the cost of mandatory hotel quarantine up to a maximum of £1,750, subject to the following:
- You are an international offer-holder commencing a new programme of study in September 2021, with a minimum duration of one year, at Queen’s University Belfast;
- You are domiciled in a country which remains on the UK red list as of 19 July 2021.
Terms & Conditions:
- A reimbursement will be processed: (i) upon verification that you have been fully enrolled in your new programme; (ii) upon completion of an online form to be published in September 2021; (iii) upon presentation of a receipt of purchase of the Managed Quarantine Package through the official UK government website and: (iv) any other evidence reasonably requested by the University. The University reserves the right not to make a reimbursement in the absence of required evidence.
- The maximum amount that can be reimbursed is £1,750 per individual, subject to point 3, and may be claimed only once.
- If you leave the UK during the academic year 2021-22, you may require a further period of quarantine when you return. The University will not provide support for any additional periods of quarantine.
- The University reserves the right not to reimburse any additional costs incurred as a result of students having to extend their period of quarantine period due to a positive Covid-19 test.
- The offer of a reimbursement applies exclusively to the individual offer-holder. Managed quarantine costs for additional family members who may be travelling with you will not be incurred by the University.
- The reimbursement is not currently applicable to international offer-holders starting their programmes in January 2022. The situation will be reviewed in accordance with Government guidelines in place closer to the time.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw the offer for managed quarantine reimbursement if managed quarantine is no longer a requirement by law and in line with updated government guidelines.
- The University reserves the right not to extend support to every future addition to the red list.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.