The Employers' Liability insurance fulfils requirements of the Employers' Liability Act and operates in respect of all employees of the University.
Regulation 5 of the Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 1998 requires copies of the Employers Liability Certificate to be displayed at each place of business at which the policyholder employs persons covered by the policy. The Certificate must be displayed prominently where it can be easily seen and read by employees concerned. If this is not in practice in your School/Department please download the Certificate and display where necessary.
Definition of Employee
- Any person under a contract of service or apprenticeship with some other employer and who is hired to or borrowed by the University
- Any labour Master and any person supplied by them
- Any person engaged as a labour-only-sub-contractor and any person supplied by them
- Any self-employed person performing work of a kind ordinarily performed under a contract of service or apprenticeship with the insured
- Any person supplied to the Insured under a contract or agreement the terms of which deem such person to be in the employment of the Insured for the duration of such contract or agreement
- Any work experience student or trainee
- Clinical Trials
- Radioactive Contamination
- Employee Passengers
- Employees Offshore
- Great Britain, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands.
- Extended to apply Worldwide in respect of an employee whilst temporarily outside the Geographical Limits stated above, provided that such employee normally resides within the geographical limits stated above.