The PGR Forum aims to provide an opportunity for postgraduate research students engaged in disability research to forge connections with others and to facilitate cross-disciplinary collaboration.
The launch will showcase the range of postgraduate research underway in the field of disability studies within the AHSS Faculty and across the University and will be followed by a networking lunch. The event is open to anyone interested in disability research or supporting PGR students.
09:00 Arrival and coffee
09:20 Welcome to launch of the DRN's PGR forum
09:30 Group 1
- Exploring mental health stigma interventions via the medium of art and creativity
- Social participation and quality of life in adults with cerebral palsy
- The accommodation types utilised by individuals with housing needs on an acute mental health unit in Dublin.
10:50 Group 2
- Facilitating accessibility in virtual musical environments
- Active support for young adult males with intellectual disabilities and complex needs living in intensive support settings
11.35: comfort break
11:40 Group 3
- Bridging the gap - exploring the creative workflows of visually impaired and blind users of music software
- How best interests decisions are determined in NI for individuals knows to learning disability services
12:25 Discussion - shaping the DRN forum
12.45 Feedback from small groups
Further details of the full programme are available at: Forum launch flyer 5Dec22
|Name||Sarah Blelock (School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work)|