Reports and Peer Reviewed Publications
- Doebler, S., Ryan, A., Shortall, S., Maguire, A., (2017). 'Informal care-giving and mental ill-health – differential relationships by workload, gender, age and area-remoteness in a UK region'. Health Soc. Care Community.
- Doebler, S., Shuttleworth, I., Gould, M., (2017). 'Does the Month of Birth Affect Educational and Health Outcomes? A Population-Based Analysis Using the Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study'. Econ. Soc. Rev. 48, 281–304.
- Uggla, C. & Mace, R. (2017) 'Adult sex ratio and social status predict mating and parenting strategies in Northern Ireland' Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, 372: 20160318 [Project 073]
- Gould, M. & Shuttleworth, I. (2017) "The Spatial-temporal Exploration of Health and Housing Tenure Transitions Using the Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study" in: J Stillwell (ed.), Routledge, Chapter 26, pp349-361, ISBN: 978-1-4724-7588-6 [Project 067]
- Foley, B (2017) 'Measuring Internal Migration: Comparing Census and Administrative Data' - Presented at the ADRN Annual Research Conference 2017 in Edinburgh, 1-2nd June 2017. 
- Campbell, B (2017) 'Selective Religious Migration across the Life course: Evidence from Northern Ireland 1981-2011' - Presented at the ADRN Annual Research Conference 2017 in Edinburgh, 1-2nd June 2017. 
- Tseliou, F (2017) 'Young caregivers differ from older caregivers: a census-based record linkage study' - Presented at the ADRN Annual Research Conference 2017 in Edinburgh, 1-2nd June 2017. 
- O’Reilly, D., Rosato, M., Moriarty J. & Leavey, G. (2017) 'Volunteering and mortality risk: a partner-controlled quasi-experimental design.' Int J Epidemiol 2017 dyx037. doi: 10.1093/ije/dyx037 [Project 069]
- Wright, D.M., Rosato, M., O’Reilly, D., Raab, G., Dibben C. & Boyle P. (2017) 'Does equality legislation reduce intergroup differences? Religious affiliation, socio-economic status and mortality in Scotland and Northern Ireland: A cohort study of 400,000 people' Health & Place, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2017.02.009 [Project 017]
- Wright, D.M., Rosato, M. & O’Reilly, D. (2016) 'Which long-term illnesses do patients find most limiting? A census-based cross-sectional study of 340,000 people' Int J Public Health (2016). doi:10.1007/s00038-016-0929-2 [Project 071]
- McGregor, P and McKee, P. (2016) 'Religion and Fertility in Contemporary Northern Ireland' Eur J Population, DOI 10.1007/s10680-016-9399-8 [Project 022]
- Wright, D.M., Rosato, M., Doherty, R. & O’Reilly, D. (2016) 'Teenage motherhood: where you live is also important. A prospective cohort study of 14,000 women' Health & Place, doi:10.1016/j.healthplace.2016.09.007 [Project 065]
- Wright, D.M., Rosato, M. & O’Reilly, D. (2016) 'Influence of Heterogamy by Religion on Risk of Marital Dissolution: A Cohort Study of 20,000 Couples' Eur J Population
doi:10.1007/s10680-016-9398-9 [Project 070]
Doebler, S. and Glasgow, N. (2016) 'Relationships Between Deprivation and the Self-Reported Health of Older People in Northern Ireland' Journal of Aging and Health, doi: 10.1177/0898264316641079 [Project 081]
- Moriarty, J., Maguire, A., O’Reilly, D., and McCann, M. (2015). 'Bereavement following informal care-giving: Assessing mental health burden using linked population data.' American Journal of Public Health, 105(8), 1630-1637, doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2015.302597 (PDF 700kb) [Project 061]
Shuttleworth, I. and Martin, D. (2015) 'People and places: Understanding geographical accuracy in administrative data from the census and healthcare systems' Environment and Planning A, doi:10.1177/0308518X15618205 [Project 051]
O'Reilly, D., Rosato, M., Maguire, A. and Wright, D. (2015) 'Caregiving reduces mortality risk for most caregivers: a census-based record linkage study' International Journal of Epidemiology, 2015, 1-11: doi: 10.1093/ije/dyv172 [Project 086]
- O'Reilly, D., Rosato, M., Maguire, A. and Wright, D. (2015) 'Caregiving is associated with a lower risk of suicide: a longitudinal study of almost 200,000' Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health (Impact Factor: 3.29). 09/2015; 69(Suppl 1). DOI: 10.1136/jech-2015-206256.46 [Project 086]
- Doebler, S. (2015) 'Access to a Car and the Self-Reported Health and Mental Health of People Aged 65 and Older in Northern Ireland' Research on Aging, doi: 10.1177/0164027515590424 [Project 081]
- Maguire, A., O'Reilly, D. (2015) 'Does conurbation affect the risk of poor mental health? A population based record linkage study' Health & Place, doi:10.1016/j.healthplace.2015.05.003 [Project 046]
- Wright, D., Rosato, M. and O'Reilly, D. (2015) 'Urban/rural variation in the influence of widowhood on mortality risk: A cohort study of almost 300,000 couples'. Health & Place,doi:10.1016/j.healthplace.2015.04.003 [Project 040]
- Gallagher, N., Cardwell, C., Hughes, C. & O'Reilly, D. (2014) 'Increase in the pharmacological management of Type 2 diabetes with pay-for-performance in primary care in the UK'
- O'Reilly, D., Kinnear, H., Rosato, M., Mairs, A., Hall, C., Coyle, C. (2014) Do women who intermittently attend breast screening differ from those who attend every invitation and those who never attend? Journal of Medical Screening,
- Stockdale, A. and Catney, G. (2014) A Life Course Perspective on Urban–Rural Migration: the Importance of the Local Context Population, Space and Place doi: 10.1002/psp.1758 [Project 032]
- O'Reilly, D. (2013) The use of Spatial Measures for the targeting of Need. OFMDFM [Project 058]
- O'Reilly, D. and Rosato, M. (2013) Worked to death? A census-based longitudinal study of the relationship between the numbers of hours spent working and mortality risk. International Journal of Epidemiology, doi: 10.1093/ije/dyt211 [Project 060]
Shuttleworth, I. (2013) The intersections of labour market and household mobility: IB claimants and limiting long-term illness in Northern Ireland. OFMDFM [Project 055]
Shuttleworth, I. (2013) Social Investment Fund Areas and Population Dynamics: Describing and Analysing Internal Migration Moves into and out of Socially Deprived Areas using the Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study (NILS). OFMDFM [Project 062]
For reports and publications dating back before 2013, click the link below:
We are very pleased to announce the new version of our data dictionary interface featuring: full variable information, advanced search options and the ability to save your own variable lists between sessions. We would greatly appreciate your thoughts on the new system so please find out more...
WHAT'S ON AT QUEEN'S
There currently are no upcoming events for What's on at Queen's.