Reports & Publications (2012 & Prior)
- Shuttleworth, I., Barr, P & Gould, M. (2012) Does Internal Migration in Northern Ireland Increase Religious and Social Segregation? Perspectives from the Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study (NILS) 2001-2007 Population, Space and Place
McCann, M., Donnelly, M., and O'Reilly, D. (2012) Gender differences in care home admission risk: partner's age explains the higher risk for women. Age and Ageing, doi: 10.1093/ageing/afs022 [Project 007]
O'Reilly, D., Kinnear, H., Rosato, M., Mairs, A., and Hall, C. (2012) Uptake of Breast Screening is Influenced by Current Religion and Religion of Upbringing. J Relig Health, doi 10.1007/s10943-011-9556-7 [Project 021]
Barr, P.J. and Shuttleworth, I. (2012) Reporting address changes by migrants:The accuracy and timeliness of reports via health card registers. Health & Place, doi: 10.1016/ j.healthplace.2012.01.005 [Project 020]
Keys, L. and Stewart, B. (2012) NI Health & Social Care Inequalities Monitoring System: A Section 75 Analysis of Mortality Patterns in Northern Ireland 2003-2007. Project Support Analysis Branch, DHSSPS [Project 035]
Telford, C., Murray, L., Donaldson, M., and O'Neill, C. (2012) An analysis examining socio-economic variations in the provision of NHS general dental practitioner care under a fee for service contract among adolescents: Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0528.2011.00649.x. [Project 033]
Morris, C., and Liddel, C. (2011) Seasonality of Mortality in Northern Ireland. Registrar General Northern Ireland Annual Report 2010. NISRA [Project 002]
Shuttleworth, I., and Barr, P. (2011) Who reports address changes through the healthcare system? Describing the characteristics of laggers and non-reporters using the Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study. Population Trends doi: 10.1057/pt.2011.11 [Project 020]
- McCann, M., Grundy, E., and O'Reilly, D. (2011) Why is housing tenure associated with a lower risk of admission to a nursing or residential home? Wealth, health and the incentive to keep 'my home'. J Epidemiol Community Health: 10.1136/jech.2011.200315. [Project 007]
- Kinnear, H., Rosato, M., Mairs A., Hall, C., and O'Reilly, D. (2011) The low uptake of breast screening in cities is a major public health issue and may be due to organisational factors: A Census-based Record Linkage Study. The Breast doi: 110.1016/j.breast.2011.04.2009. [Project 021]
- Connolly, S., Rosato, M., Kinnear, H., and O'Reilly, D. (2011) Variation in mortality by country of birth in Northern Ireland: A record linkage study. Health & Place doi: 10.1016/j.healthplace.2011.03.001. [Project 036]
- McCann, M., Donnelly, M., and O'Reilly, D. (2011) Living arrangements, relationship to people in the household and risk of admission to care homes for older people. Age and Ageing 10.1093/ageing/afr031. [Project 007]
- Connolly, S., Rosato, M. and O'Reilly, D. (2011) The effect of population movement on the spatial distribution of socio-economic and health status: analysis using the Northern Ireland Mortality Study. Health and Place. 10.1016/j.healthplace.2011.02.005 [Project 038]
- O'Reilly, D. Rosato, M., Catney, G., Johnston, F. and Brolly, M. (2011) Cohort description: The Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study (NILS), International Journal of Epidemiology, 1-8.
- Kinnear, H., Connolly, S., Rosato, M., Hall, C., Mairs, A. and O'Reilly, D. (2010) Are caregiving responsibilities associated with non-attendance at breast screening? BMC Public Health, 10: 749. [Project 021]
- Connolly, S., O'Reilly, D., Rosato, M., and Cardwell, C. (2010) Area of residence and alcohol-related mortality risk: a five-year follow-up study, Addiction, 106(1): 84-92. [Project 019]
- NILS News Issue 3: October 2010, NILS Research Support Unit
- Johnston, F, Rosato, M and Catney, G (2010) The Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study: An Introduction NILS Working Paper 01, September 2010, NILS Research Support Unit
- Connolly, S., O'Reilly, D. and Rosato, M. (2010) House value as an indicator of cumulative wealth is strongly related to morbidity and mortality risk in older people: a census-based cross-sectional and longitudinal study. International Journal of Epidemiology2010 39(2): 383-391. [Project 034]
- Young, H. Grundy, E. O'Reilly, D. and Boyle, P. (2010) Self-rated health and mortality in the UK: results from the first comparative analysis of the England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland Longitudinal Studies. Population Trends Spring 2010. Office for National Statistics. [Project 028]
- O'Reilly, D. and Rosato, M. (2010) Dissonances in self-reported health and mortality across denominational groups in Northern Ireland Social Sciences and Medicine, 71(5): 1011-1017. [Project 011]
- Donnelly, D. and Gavin, A. (2009) A Review of Cancer Mortality in Northern Ireland Registrar General Annual Report 2008, NISRA.[Project 016].
- Young, H. (July 2009) Technical Working Paper: Guide to parallel and combined analysis of the ONS LS, SLS and NILS.
- McCann, M., O'Reilly, D. and Cardwell, C. (2009) A Census-based longitudinal study of variations in survival amongst residents of nursing and residential homes in Northern Ireland. Age and Ageing, 38(6): 711-717. [Project 007]
- McClelland, A. and Donnelly, D. (2009) Pervasive Area Poverty: a pilot study applying modelled household income in a NILS Context . OFMDFM. [Project 025].
- O'Reilly, D., Connolly, S., Rosato, M., and Patterson, C. (2008) Is caring associated with an increased risk of mortality? A longitudinal study. Soc Sci Med, 67(8):1282-90. [Project 004].
- McClelland, A. (2008) Differences in Mortality Rates in NI 2002-2005 - A Section 75 & Social Disadvantage Perspective . OFMDFM. [Project 024].
- O'Reilly, D., Rosato, M., and Connolly, S. (2008) Unlinked vital events in census-based longitudinal studies can bias subsequent analysis. J Clin Epidemiol, 61(4):380-5. [Project 003].
- O 'Reilly, D., Rosato, M., Connolly, S., and Cardwell, C. (2008) Area factors and suicide: 5-year follow-up of the Northern Ireland population. Br J Psychiatry 192(2):106-11. [Project 005].
- Morris, C. (2008) Climate and mortality in Northern Ireland 2001-2006. DSD Statistics and Research Bulletin 4, Department of Social Development. [Project 002].
- O'Reilly, D., and Rosato, M. (2008) Religious affiliation and mortality in Northern Ireland: beyond Catholic and Protestant. Soc Sci Med, 66(7):1637-45. [Project 006].
- Marshall, D., Brolly, M., and Cunningham, B. (2007) The Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study . In: Registrar General Northern Ireland Annual Report 2006. NISRA.
- Morris, C. (2007) Fuel Poverty, Climate and Mortality in Northern Ireland 1980-2006, NISRA Occasional Paper 25. [Project 002].
- O'Reilly, D., Rosato, M., and Connolly, S. (2007) Urban and rural variations in morbidity and mortality in Northern Ireland. BMC Public Health, 7:123. [Project 004].
We are very pleased to announce the new version of our data dictionary interface featuring: full variable information, advanced search options and the ability to save your own variable lists between sessions. We would greatly appreciate your thoughts on the new system so please find out more...
- The First UK Census Longitudinal Studies Conference The first UK Census Longitudinal Studies conference will be held at Queen's University Belfast on 8t... [more]
- RSU Closure Dates The NISRA secure environment will be closed on Wednesday 30th January 2019.... [more]